As agile practices started revolutionizing software development, there has been an increasing need to bridge the gap between faster development vs. slower deployment and operational practices. With its modern principles, practices and an array of state-of-the-art automation tools, DevOps provides a path to bring your operations into the Agile manifold, ultimately resulting in faster software delivery, without compromising on quality.
As DevOps processes mature, there is a growing need for professionals with expertise in the key practices and tools. DevOps has not only opened up new opportunities for Operations personnel, but also provides them with a logical career progression. There is also an emergence of Site Reliability Engineering as a specific implementation of DevOps. This course has been designed as a first step in the journey of transforming operations into an all round DevOps expert.
If you are a manager looking for guidelines on how to start transforming organizations, and understand where to start, this course is for you. Or, if you aspire to make a career in the world of DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering, this course is your starting point. Upon completion, you should have a good understanding of the foundation, principles, and practices of DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The target audience for this course are professionals including:
- Anyone interested in modern IT leadership and organizational change approaches
- Business Managers
- Business Stakeholders
- Change Agents
- DevOps Practitioners
- IT Directors
- IT Managers
- IT Team Leaders
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- Software Engineers
- Site Reliability Engineers
- System Integrator
- Any consultants/IT person who wants to switch their career in DevOps field or SRE management.
- Should be familiar with the basic concepts of Windows and the various programs that are already available on the Windows operating system.
- Have written code before in any programming language.
- Students who have been taught programming in University.
- In addition, it would help if the audience has some exposure to Linux.
HOW WILL I BENEFIT
The benefits of learning this course includes a practical understanding of:
- The history of SRE and its emergence
- The inter-relationship of SRE with DevOps and other popular frameworks
- The underlying principles behind SRE
- Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and their user focus
- Service Level Indicators (SLIs) and the modern monitoring landscape
- Error budgets and the associated error budget policies
- Toil and its effect on an organization’s productivity
- Observability as something to indicate the health of a service
- SRE tools, automation techniques and the importance of security
- Anti-fragility, our approach to failure and failure testing
- The organizational impact that introducing SRE brings
- Overview and working of Linux
- Overview and working of Git
WHAT WILL I LEARN
Module 1: DevOps, SRE Overview
- DevOps Overview
- DevOps practice
- SRE overview
- SRE practice
- SRE vs DevOps
- Exploring the key trends of SRE’s
- Understanding why and how SRE works.
Module 2: Tools and Toil & automation
- What is Toil?
- Why is Toil Bad?
- Doing Something About Toil
- Service Level Indicators (SLIs)
- Automation Defined
- Automation Focus
- Hierarchy of Automation Types
- Secure Automation
- Automation Tools
Module 3: Linux overview, setup and Ops
- Linux overview
- Why Linux ?
- Flavours of Linux
- Setup of Linux
- Ops after installing Linux
Module 4: Git learning
- Git overview
- Git setup
- Ops around git
- Software practice
- Agile vs waterfall approach
- TDD vs BDD
- Course overview
- S$1,500 per participant (excl. GST)
- Special 80% discount price of S$299 per participant (excl. GST) until 31 December 2020!
- Additional $50 discount for NTUC Union Members
- Lessons will be conducted in English. Participants are expected to be able to read and write in basic English.
- Participants are required to bring their own laptop that can connect to the internet for access to the online class and course materials. The laptop should come with a working video camera for the online class. Participants are encouraged to have their videos switched on at all times except during break time.
- In line with our environmentally friendly practices, we will not be providing printed course materials to reduce paper waste.
- Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will receive a certificate issued by ClickAcademy Asia Pte Ltd.
- Lessons will be recorded for internal audit purposes and will not be shared.
Click here to see our Refund Policy.