- 17-18 December 2020 [ONLINE] (link)
As the saying goes, “”data is the new oil”” – valuable and, in many cases, just waiting to be discovered. But, just like oil, if it remains unrefined it cannot be used to power our companies’ decision-making engine.
The Mastering Data and Analytics for Marketers workshop aims to create a new generation of ‘data refiners’ who can extract, transform and analyse marketing data to draw valuable insights and help their companies improve marketing performance.
Starting on day one with the purpose, possibilities and limits of analytics, this course will quickly segue into hands-on data analysis using Kaggle, R and Jupyter notebooks to draw insights from digital marketing data. Day two provides examples of how marketers can use visualizations, statistical tests and forecasts to help solve the marketing problems which companies face today.
Along the way, participants will learn how to operationalize everything they learn so that they will finish the course with a clear notion about how to apply analytics to their everyday work.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
While the course has been written for professional marketers, it will benefit anyone who seeks to learn how to use analytics environments, gain new insights from data and provide recommendations which improve business performance.
None, except a desire to learn about how to apply intermediate to advanced data analytics techniques using marketing data.
HOW WILL I BENEFIT
- Use Kaggle and Jupyter notebooks for marketing data analytics
- Learn how to import and transform data using R
- Use R’s world-class visualisation engine to produce beautiful data visualisations
- Understand how to make data-driven predictions in R
- Become an advocate for professional-grade data anlytics within your organisation
WHAT WILL I LEARN
Introduction to Analytics
- What is analytics?
- What an analyst does all day
- Questions analysts can answer
- Introduction to Kaggle, R and Juptyer notebooks
- Analysis definitions
- Looking at the data
- Counting categories
- Multiple data dimension reporting
- Analysing categorical data
- What does the ‘mean’ mean?
- Analysing continuous data by category
- Time series analysis
- Why visualisations?
- Visualising time series
- Visualising categorical variables
- Margin of error / Confidence intervals
- Estimating values with histograms
- Estimating values with t-tests
- Time series with trendlines
- Scatterplot with regression line
- Loess interpolations
- S$1,500 per participant (excl. GST)
- Special 80% discount price of S$299 per participant (excl. GST) until 31 December 2020!
- Additional $50 discount for NTUC Union Members
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC Union Members can claim 50% of unfunded course fees up to $250 a year through UTAP. More information can be found here.
From 1 July 2020 – 31 December 2022, NTUC Union Members aged 40 and above have a higher support of up to $500 a year to upgrade skills under UTAP.
Not an NTUC Member yet? Sign up here.
- Lessons will be conducted in English. Participants are expected to be able to read and write in basic English.
- Participants are required to bring their own laptop that can connect to the internet for access to the online class and course materials. The laptop must come with a working video camera for the online class. Participants are required to have their videos switched on at all times except during break time.
- In line with our environmentally friendly practices, we will not be providing printed course materials to reduce paper waste.
- Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will receive a Certificate of Completion issued by ClickAcademy Asia Pte Ltd.
- Lessons will be recorded for internal audit purposes and will not be shared.
Click here to see our Refund Policy.