Why You Should Attend This Course:
The 2-day Google Ads Fundamentals is a comprehensive Google Ads course that covers topics from basic setup and configuration, to keyword list optimisation and conversion optimisation.
The Ads Fundamentals course covers Google Ads 101 on Day 1, and Google Ads 201 on Day 2. Participants will take the Google Ads Fundamentals Certification Exam at the end of Day 2.
Google Ads 101 lays the groundwork for a successful search engine marketing (SEM) campaign. It equips participants (even those who are just getting started) with a better understanding on how the Google Ads system works, how campaigns should be structured, and how keyword lists and ads are developed. It also explains analytics, conversion tracking, advertising options and billing cycle.
Google Ads 201 expands on the 101 class by explaining how to optimise the campaigns for maximum performance. It also introduces the Google Display Network (GDN) to expand your campaign beyond search. Participants will also learn how to use My Client Center (MCC) to manage multiple Google Ads account.
At the end of Day 2, participants will undertake the online Google Ads Fundamentals certification exam (90 minutes).
Note: Participants are required to bring laptop for hands on exercises and online exam.
- Set up a Google Ads account and start your first Google Ads campaign
- Structure your campaign, keyword list, ad groups, and ads
- Optimise your campaign to improve conversions, traffic or other campaign objectives
- Use the Google Display Network for advertising
- Apply intermediate optimisation techniques
- Self-diagnose and troubleshoot campaign problems
- Use other bidding options like Target CPA, Target ROAS, Enhanced CPC etc.
- Manage Google Ads account with My Client Center and Adwords Editor
- Take the Google Ads Fundamentals exam
Day 1: Google Ads 101
Introduction to online advertising & Google Ads
- Types of online advertising
- Basics of pay-per-click advertising
- Introduction to Google Ads
– Basic terminology
Understanding Google Ads Auction
- How does it work
- Ad Rank and Quality Score
Structuring Your Account for Success
- Creating an account
- Google Ads account hierarchy
- Examples of account structure
- Building a keyword list
- Google Ads Keyword Tool
- Keyword match types including negative keywords
Writing Great Text Ads
- Components of Google Ads text ads
- Ad editorial policies
- Best practices for compelling ads
Setting Up Your First Campaign
- Creating a campaign, step-by-step
- Devices – computers, tablets and mobile
- Location and languages
- Bidding and budgeting
- Ad settings
- Leveraging ad extensions
- Location extensions – location, call, sitelinks and others
Day 2: Google Ads 201
Understanding Bidding Types
- Manual CPC, Automated Bidding, Bid Adjustments
Campaign Bid Adjustments
- Location, Ad Scheduling & Device
Introduction to Display Advertising
- Moving beyond Search
- Building awareness with display advertising
Google Display Network (GDN)
- How does the GDN works?
- GDN targeting
- Measuring success
Creating Display Ads
- Display ad types
- Responsive ad builder
Overview of Display Targeting
- Contextual, Placement, and Topic targeting in more detail
- Targeting audiences with remarketing
- Creating a remarketing campaign
Using the My Client Center (MCC)
- Overview of the My Client Center
- Linking client accounts to My Client Center
- Reporting in My Client Center
Google Ads Fundamentals certification exam
- 90 minutes online exam
- A certification in Google Ads Fundamentals demonstrates that you’ve mastered Google advertising best practices and stay up-to-date on Google’s best practices
Who Will Benefit?
Agencies, marketers, senior managers and business owners, or executives with responsibilities in the areas of marketing, advertising and sales will benefit from this comprehensive course.
- 17 Dec18 Dec
17 Dec - 18 Dec
Monday - Tuesday
- 17 Jan18 Jan
17 Jan - 18 Jan
Thursday - Friday