Intensive 2-day course covering world-class frameworks, templates and case studies on content marketing strategies. Learn how to move beyond advertising to engaging with prospects and customers using the right content at the right time.
Brands are increasingly turning to content driven marketing strategies to gain marketplace attention and increase customer engagement in a multi-channel environment. For your marketing to be effective, you will need to provide content that’s useful to your customers and that advances your business objectives in a measurable way. It is also vital to create high engagement by building and maintaining a community around your content.
The discipline of content marketing provides the framework for ensuring that your content delivers on these essential requirements across all relevant traditional and digital platforms. In addition to covering the basic principles of content marketing, this 2-day workshop seeks to address the challenges of marketers in developing a content strategy and help marketers to create a realistic and sustainable content plan.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Marketers, senior managers, communications professionals and business owners who want to understand the impact of content marketing on their business.
HOW WILL I BENEFIT
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of content marketing and how it fits into the overall marketing mix
- Understand the shift in approach from interruptive advertising to branded content
- Learn to research and understand your audience, and create compelling content to the right target audience at the right time and place
- Understand the customer decision journey and context to infuse the right content
- Use world-class frameworks to create your content strategy and plans
- Learn how to measure the success of your content marketing plans
WHAT WILL I LEARN
Module 1 – Introduction to Content Marketing
- What is Content Marketing?
- The role of content marketing in a multi-channel marketing world
- The shift from selling to educating and entertaining – content as marketing
- Case studies of great content marketing strategies and campaigns
Module 2 – Business Objectives and User-Centered Content
- Understanding your business objectives for content marketing
- Researching your audience – what are their goals and objectives
- Identifying key user journeys and touch points, and creating compelling content for your target segments at the right time and right place
- Exercise: planning a clear business objectives for content marketing
Module 3 – Brand Storytelling and Branded Content
- The concept of the Uninvited Brand
- Content marketing starts with a great story
- Brand storytelling – the role of branding and the concept of storytelling
- Branded content versus traditional advertising approach
Module 4 – Content Marketing for Multiple Online and Traditional Channels, Devices and Context
- Planning an effective content strategy across traditional channels, online media, social media and mobile
- Channel considerations – platforms, sizes, formats, time of day
- Integrated marketing approach for distributing content across traditional and new digital channels
Module 5 – Content Marketing Strategy
- A 6-step framework for content marketing strategy development – from pre-production, production to post-production
- Exercise: create a content marketing strategy and plan from audience persona research to editorial calendar & distribution
Module 6 – The Challenges and Considerations in Content Marketing
- Your limited resources, and outsourcing or in-house
- Planning your content marketing budget
- How to successfully co-ordinate across different departments (PR, Marketing, IT, Sales etc)
Module 7 – Measuring Success, KPIs and ROI
- Are your content marketing plans supporting your business objectives?
- Measuring success – analytics and KPIs
- Hard versus soft metrics, long term versus short term metrics
Module 8 – Special Content Marketing Topic – Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- SEO and content marketing
- On-page search engine optimisation: researching and using keywords
- Off-page search engine optimisation: link building and PR
Module 9 – Special Content Marketing Topic – Social Media and Social Web
- The impact of social media on marketing and PR
- Key channels: Facebook, Twitter, blogs, YouTube and others
- Principles for increasing engagement and driving results on social media
- Building the right profile and increasing followers, friends and contacts
Module 10 – Conclusions and Action Plans
- Building a realistic, sustainable and effective content marketing strategy
- The future trends
- Inspirational content marketing case studies
- S$1,200 per participant (exclu GST)
- Register for 3 or more participants to enjoy 5% Group Discount
- Register 30 days before course start date to enjoy 10% Early Bird Discount
NTUC Members can claim 50% of unfunded course fees up to $250 a year through UTAP. More information can be found here.
Click here to see our Refund Policy.
- 05 Nov06 Nov
05 Nov - 06 Nov
Tuesday - Wednesday