- 12-13 November 2020 (ONLINE) [link]
Online copy remains an essential part of brand marketing. Websites, online advertising, blog posts, social media updates, and company white papers all require well-structured and concise copy, each with their own best practices.
Our best-selling online copywriting course includes instruction and hands-on exercises to help you communicate, persuade and sell more effectively across all online channels. We’ll show you copywriting techniques that can boost the performance of all of your online writing and help you write about complicated subjects using simple language.
Our 2-day course will enable you to start making immediate, practical improvements to your online copy.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anyone involved in online copy would benefit from this course – particularly if you’re responsible for your organisation’s tone of voice and/or want to improve the quality of your writing.
On previous courses, we’ve worked with stakeholders at all levels including business owners, marketing & website managers, project managers and content editors.
None, except a desire to learn to write more original and engaging online copy!
HOW WILL I BENEFIT
- Understand how people read online
- Write more effective online copy
- Feel confident evaluating online copy
- Improve your writing for search engines and social media
- Be able to combat writer’s block effectively
WHAT WILL I LEARN
Day 1: The online copywriting landscape
Overview of online copywriting
- How do people read online?
- Online content types
- The writing process
Writing online principles
- Writing for clarity
- Key grammar concepts
- Structuring online copy
Online copywriting techniques
- Define your audience
- Features, benefits and advantages
- The pitch and next-best-steps
Online writing style
- Finding your voice
- Telling a story
- Adding personal touches
Day 2: Putting the tools into practice
Writing effective headlines and calls-to-action (CTAs)
- Structuring copy for impact and attention
- Producing persuasive short and long-form copy
- Finishing strongly to maximize business benefit
Writing for people
- The customer journey (AIDA)
- Recognizing needs and wants
- Problem-agitate-solve technique
Writing for your company
- Marketing material
- Blog posts
- Emails and newsletters
- Social media updates
Writing for search engines
- Keyword research tools
- Writing search-friendly web pages and posts
- Measuring SEO success
Professional online copywriting
- Opportunities to hone your skills
- How to review, edit and improve your own writing
- Overcoming writer’s block
- Delivering professional-quality online copy
- S$1,500 per participant (excl. GST)
- Special 80% discount price of S$299 per participant (excl. GST) until 31 December 2020!
- Additional $50 discount for NTUC Union Members
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC Union Members can claim 50% of unfunded course fees up to $250 a year through UTAP. More information can be found here.
From 1 July 2020 – 31 December 2022, NTUC Union Members aged 40 and above have a higher support of up to $500 a year to upgrade skills under UTAP.
Not an NTUC Member yet? Sign up here.
- Lessons will be conducted in English. Participants are expected to be able to read and write in basic English.
- Participants are required to bring their own laptop that can connect to the internet for access to the online class and course materials. The laptop must come with a working video camera for the online class. Participants are required to have their videos switched on at all times except during break time.
- In line with our environmentally friendly practices, we will not be providing printed course materials to reduce paper waste.
- Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will receive a Certificate of Completion issued by ClickAcademy Asia Pte Ltd.
- Lessons will be recorded for internal audit purposes and will not be shared.
Click here to see our Refund Policy.